Penile Phimosis – Circumcision
Penile phimosis is considered a benign condition that can occur at any age.
What is it?
Phimosis is the condition in which a circular narrowing, like a ring, appears on the skin of the penis, thus disturbing the erection or even hiding the head of the penis (glans). Circumcision is the surgical removal of the narrowing.
The surgery is performed under local anesthesia at the base of the penis, with or without sedation by an anesthesiologist.
Either with scalpel or laser, the bridle is cut, the skin that has undergone hardening and narrowing is removed and is then sutured with very fine absorbable sutures. The average hospitalization is a few hours
Some of the complications of phimosis are inflammation of the glans, painful sexual activity, short erection and paraphimosis.
Paraphimosis is the condition during which the foreskin is pulled behind the glans, without being able to return to its normal position.
The advantages of Circumcision
- It is easier to wash the penis.
- There is reduced risk of urinary infections.
- Prevention of penile problems, such as perforation (the condition in which the gans of a penis in phimosis is pulled back during an erection and then may be difficult or impossible to return to its position).
- Reduced risk of penile cancer. Although penile cancer is rare, it is less common in men with circumcision. In addition, cervical cancer is less common in women who have circumcised sexual partners.
- Reduced risk of sexually transmitted infections.
Diagnosis is a very simple procedure in the case of phimosis.
When is the circumcision performed?
- When the glans cannot be revealed
- Pain during erection
- Preventive hygiene
- Family tradition
- Religious reasons
- Aesthetic reasons
Phimosis is a benign condition that can occur at any age. The usual causes of the disease are mainly poor hygiene of the area that can cause inflammation, diabetes, as well as an injury to the penis during sex. Inflammations can also occur when diabetes is unregulated.
Circumcision & Sex
Circumcision does not affect fertility or sexual pleasure for men or their partners.
Visit ANDROCLINIC for the safe diagnosis of phimosis. The examination process only takes 10 minutes from our specialized andrologist!
WHY CHOOSE ANDROCLINIC
Because our doctors have more than 18 years’ experience in the sector
Because beyond the most modern diagnostic and treatment methods that we follow, we provide simple, useful advice for your daily life, which will significantly improve your life quality
Because all services are provided exclusively and only in our clinic